Saturday, October 9, 2010

Nacional 27 in Chicago (River West)

Yes... I know... Another Latin place… *insert smile*… but my recent dinner date at Nacional 27 was AWESOME! I figured I'd post here since I've been posting so many Latin spots over on ChiLanta Foodies! Check out our dinner selections from the AWESOME MENU

We started with the n27 combination platter - smoked chicken empanada, boniato and plantain croqueta, bbq’d lamb taco, shrimp skewer (I didn’t think about taking a pic until I had already devoured it!!!)

…followed by the N27 ROAST SUCKLING PIG “CUBANO” refereed to as the 10th anniversary of Nacional 27's roast suckling pig… “cubano” accompanied by caramelized onion mashed cuban sweet potatoes, eggplant with spicy tomatoes, coconut rice, black beans, chicharrónes, ancho pork jus…
suckling pig
….and my date had the beef tenderloin "medallions" - spanish cheese-potato gratin, red wine jus  (with chimichurri, blue cheese and truffle crust)
beef medallions
Thursday nights also feature salsa lessons (in the middle of the dining floor) at 7:30. There were quite a few couples out there having a good ol time on the dance floor!!

Great choice for a date or even just for dinner and drinks with friends! **Tip: RSVP by phone and ask for the booth seating to get a good view of the dance floor!

I haven’t posted an item of the day in what seems like FOREVER! So today’s item of the day is the  MARC JACOBS Camille large leather tote for only $1,850 on net-a-porter. This bag is sooo perfect for a working woman, much like myself, who wants to carry her items in a stylish, timeless bag. Its out of my “current” budget.. but who knows. Maybe one of these Powerball tickets will hit and I’ll order it tomorrow :-) or maybe not… Have a good one!!
marc jacobs camille totemarc jacobs camille tote 2