Sunday, January 16, 2011

Friends with Skills

So my friend Michelle is starting up her own jewelry business in Minnesota and I’m so proud of her! Being the fashionista that I self-proclaim to be, she sent me a pair of her handmade earring to test run. I don’t think I’ve worn another pair in the last month. These earrings are great to dress up or down and they are so lightweight I can barely feel them! She did an awesome job and I can’t wait to share her website with all of you when she finally decides to sell them!!

IMG00007-20101117-2349IMG00008-20101117-2350BLOG COPY IMG_1901 B

As for the item of the day and my newest current obsession, big ups to my girl Maya for putting me up on the Tieks by Gavrieli foldable flats. (See image below from the Tieks by Gavrieli website)

Shop our BouTiek

These handmade flats are butter soft and feel like slippers (read more here), but will last WAY longer than the $10 not-so-foldable flats I used to get from Target and run into the ground after 3 months. I got a pair in black, but I honestly would take a closet full of every color they sell!! Here are some pics of my new “buddies”…

The beautiful packaging:

IMG_2161IMG_2162

The pouch for folded flats (shown in the box, next to my iPod Touch for size and inside my purse… you can’t even tell it’s there!!):

IMG_2163IMG_2165IMG_2171

The flats – folded….

IMG_2173

…and then on my feet (sorry if they are a little ashy – its cold and my feet are bare, LOL!)

 IMG_2177IMG_2174IMG_2175

As an added “just in case” bonus, they come with this cute foldable tote to put your heels in!

IMG_2178

Go grab a pair – I promise you won’t regret it!