Monday, July 16, 2012

Susan G Komen 3-Day 60 Mile Walk

This August, my step-mom, sister-cousin (the cousin that's more like a sister) and her friend will all join the thousands of women who have walked 60 miles to raise money for the cure! This is my first time ever doing anything even remotely close to this, so I am just as terrified as I am excited. Initially 60 miles seemed like a bit of a distance... but now I realize that is LONG AS HELL!!!!

I mean, I don't even like to DRIVE 60 miles to the outlet malls. I can barely ride a bike 5 miles and I hadn't jogged over a single miles in years until very recently (and by over a mile I literally mean 1.25 miles). My chiropractor and I are observing my training closely, but I am hopeful that on August 17th I will be in the best condition possible.

I have almost hit my minimum goal of $2300 as of today. I still have a little ways to go, but the support has been tremendous so far!! If you have a few bucks to donate to the cause, please click the link below! We are walking in honor and memory of friends, family members, coworkers and colleagues who have been affected by breast cancer, whether directly or through their own circles. Please take a moment to learn about the 3-day, 60 mile walk and all the lives that are touched by this annual fundraiser!

Help me reach my goal for the Susan G. Komen Michigan 3-Day

...or go here to donate (and pass the link along!!) - http://www.the3day.org/goto/cherishcherish