Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Too Much to Tell....

So I'm finally back, started my new job today and after such a whirlwind week I don't have the energy to write about everything I have been through. So here's the summary...

Saturday May 19 - Landed in Miami around noon... stayed at the Intercontinental hotel, with the beautiful view and partied at Club Fifth in South Beach that night with some friends from college... the girl in the pic was the coolest bartender on earth!

Sunday May 20 - left Miami for the TJMS Fantastic Voyage Cruise on the Royal Carribean "Freedom of the Seas" (according to Wikipedia, it's the world's LARGEST passenger vessel). I saw so many Black celebrities I can't even begin to name them... the upper level suite I stayed in was huge, had a large balcony and was between Eddie Levert and Tito Jackson! The first night of the cruise was a gospel concert hosted by Dr. Bobby Jones and the performers were Shirley Murdock, Kelly Price, Rickey Smiley and Shirley Ceasar. It was the MOST AMAZING concert I could have ever imagined!!!! I am hoping to get some pics from some people I met because I didn't bring my camera!! Here are some pics of the ship and the entertainers... I was only there the first 3 days but I would have loved to stay longer!

Tuesday May 22 - hit the San Juan, Puerto Rico port and had to RUSH to the aiport to get back to the mainland. Overnight in Miami and Wednesday morning I was on my way to Dallas to get ready for Sharifa's wedding!! Here are pics from some of the events and the actual wedding... it was so much fun!!! (the lady in the red shirt is Tammie from Raw Cuts salon in Desota, TX)

More detail to come!