Friday, November 5, 2010

Daydreaming of Ball Gowns…

So I have a gala coming up soon and as much as I’d like to buy a new dress, after returning from a week long vacation I’m going to have to zip up my Botkier handbag and visit my trust old closet… Stay tuned. There is no telling what I might find in there!

But before I go, I’ll share a few of my “ideal gowns” for this weekend’s gala… Too bad BCBG doesn’t rent their gowns, because these price tags are UP THERE!  :(

This black BCBG tulle gown would look awesome on my “fresh off a Mexican vacation” tanned body!

bcbg tulle gownbcbg tulle gown back


This tulle one-shoulder gown is fun and gives a bit of a romantic, ballerina feel… cute!

bcbg tulle one shoulderbcbg tulle one shoulder 2

I don’t think I’m daring enough to wear this but it would definitely stand out, which is a REALLY good thing…

bcbg strapless organza gownbcbg strapless organza gown 2


And if I really wanted to take over the room and sparkle (literally)… this would be a no brain! The beautiful sequin gown by Rachel Gilbert, available at Net-a-porter.com, is the best way to capture every eye and every ray of light in the room!

rachel gilbert sequin gownrachel gilbert sequin gown 2