Saturday, December 15, 2007

Venturing outside of the Twin Cities...

Yesterday I had to make the 2.5 hour drive from Minneapolis to Winona, MN for a meeting that barely lasted 2 hours. On the way there I was focused... but on the way back I was determined to enjoy it. My former supervisors started a debate over which route was faster - the longer interstate path or the 30 miles shorter scenic route. I figured since the weather was a nice, sunny, snow-free 25 degrees I'd go for both, opting for the scenic route on the way back. It was highly uneventful and the scenic route was definitely not as exciting as I had expected. Nonetheless, I was able to snap some cool photos along the way. Keep in mind, I was driving so my eyes were on the road and my camera was pointing where ever my hand wanted it to... LOL... I was surprised at how nice some of the photos turned out... Enjoy!

 

Sharon wrote a blog about how much she misses the sight of snow now that she has moved to Florida. Eat your heart out girl! You'll never see this kind of beauty in Florida! 

Since Christmas is right around the corner, I guess I can do my annual list of luxury gifts that I'll never get for Christmas (and I few that I just might buy myself in 5 years)... and here we go... click the links for more details

 Jamison Cashmere Turtleneck Puff Sleeve Dress

Tiffany Pendant of round brilliant diamonds in platinum.

Christian Louboutin Crisscross Pump

Ality Pixxa 8-Inch LCD Photo Frame with 512MB Memory

Pioneer 50" 720p Flat-Panel Plasma HDTV USB memory key disguised as heart pendant on a silver silk cord with Silver Shade Swarovski crystals.

 Smythson leather make-up brush roll complete with professional brushes.

Bottega Veneta LARGE T CALF CAMPANA handbag

My own personalize Eclipse 500 jet with seating for 5. you can build your own at the link on the pic. Mine was just under $2 million... but it had pink and green stripes! Now how can you beat that???

What are your luxury gift wishes?? Leave them in the comments... I love to hear what fun items other people would buy with their lottery winnings...