Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day Recap

I had an amazing Valentine's Day in Chicago last night!! The day started with a coworker lunch at Uncle Bub's BBQ in Westmont where they were giving out carnations to the ladies...



followed by a work place delivery of Garrett's Popcorn (Chicago Mix - cheese + caramel).


After a horrible bout with traffic, my guy ordered an Uber, who's amazing driver Mark presented me with a beautiful rose and a note from Uber.


The highlight of the day was the amazing pre-fixe dinner at Bar Pastoral - a cheese and wine bistro in the Lakeview neighborhood. The menu is below, followed by the amazing dishes that were served...


We started with the spiked cupid cocktails and mini pancakes with creme fresh and strawberry jam.


The hand pulled mozzarella was my fav dish, by far! It was amazing...


Proscuitto and cheese curds with arugula...


Beef cheeks and celery root puree...


... everything was topped off with cake pops...


...and they sent us home with some salted chocolate chip cookies for a cab-ride snack!


All in all, it was a great night and I can't wait to go back!!



We also celebrated this weekend at the Polar Beer Fest at Rock Bottom Brewery in the Loop. While I'm not a cold weather person, I layered on the Nike Pro Hyperwarm and Under Armour Cold Gear to keep me warm. I'm also not a beer drinker so it was more about the friends and festivities for me.