Saturday, May 15, 2010

William Conger’s “Ragtime”

While walking through the River North area today I came across the Roy Boyd Art Gallery on Wells and decided to take a peak around. I saw some amazing pieces of art, many of which were beyond my price range, but definitely noteworthy for remembering at a future time. One piece that led to some interesting conversation in the gallery is the work of famous Chicago artist William Conger. The piece, called “Ragtime” is shown below and reminds me of hearts, solar systems, banana peels and the TV show “In Living Color”… all in one piece. (You know?? The intro when they were painting the walls?? LOL… ok, after watching the video, maybe not…)

ragtime  

I also enjoyed these pieces by John Fraser… respectively named “Legend (revised)” and “Guild”…

A 28235 A 26268

Check out more pieces and get directions to the gallery here.

Next door to the gallery is a cool boutique named Elements Chicago. I didn’t have a chance to go in but I will definitely return after seeing some cool pieces of jewelry in the window displays. Check out some of the beautiful necklaces, which will serve as the Item(s) of the Day:

iradj mioni choker

iradj mioni coin

Patricia Von Musulin Smokey Topaz Necklace

Happy Shopping!