Saturday, March 24, 2007

Curls, Coats and Cinema

I finally tried the Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Cream and I LOVE it!!! My curls are beautiful, soft and more "spirally" than usual. I wanted to snap a pic of it to post, but I dropped my digital camera off for a cleaning at Best Buy yesterday and have yet to pick it up.

In other hair news - April finally broke down and bought a top-of the line flat iron. She topped my recommendation of the Solia brand (which I own) and went for the #1 ranked Sedu which is currently on sale (in Folica.com's Top 10 Flat Irons list). I told her to prepare for her big debut when I post the before and after pics on here after she breaks it in!


In fashion, I am obsessed with the season's latest trench coats in khaki and white. As a part of my "no-shopping" diet, I am limited in my selection to the stores where I have gift cards that have not been used - Macy's and Saks. Unfortunately, many the coats I am in love with are either WAY over the balance of my gift card, or, more commonly, not found at either these stores - but I'm determined to find a classic neutral-toned coat that will take me through spring, into summer...

   

And in a more reasonable price range (all under $200)...

   

On the movie tip - this weekend its all about TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES - The Movie!!! I know it sounds childish, but I must have watched the original at least 50 times when I was younger and I was in love with those super-powered turtles. I thought about going to rent the original so I could "review" the story but I figure most stores probably only have 1 copy and somebody who had the same idea already has it in their home DVD player.  My brother is going to be so jealous when he finds out that I went to see it without him!


*Edited*

I had to ad this to the post - I told the super cool comedian Roy Wood Jr that I was gonna post the info his upcoming taping of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson for all 7 of my blog readers to enjoy. Check him out this Tuesday March 27 late night at 12:35AM Eastern/Pacific. This dude is hilarious and keeps a very entertaining blog over at www.roywoodjr.com if you want to know more. Good luck Roy!!!!!