Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Spring is here!!!

I am so excited about Spring being here! The 70-80 degree days and beautiful music from the birds out the window... these things make living in Minnesota not so bad after all!

I have had a busy past two weeks - thus the lack of posting. But I have lots to  tell! Random stuff - Last week I finished Eric Jerome Dickey's latest book "Sleeping with Strangers", and I won't go into detail for fear of spoiling the ending for those who intend to read it. All I can say is - that book was great! The writing was poetic and the action kept me on the edge of my seat right down to the last sentence. I am eagerly awaiting his next novel! Last weekend I also tried to watch the movie "The Break Up" with Jennifer Anniston and Vince Vaughn and it was absolutely irritating to watch 2 hours of a couple arguing. On a more positive note, one of the highlights of my week was playing around with my baby cousin... he's so much fun!

This summer I have 6 weddings I am trying to attend (all out of town), a girls' trip to Chicago and a class reunion. That means a lot of serious budgeting and great excuses to wear some of these dresses I've been buying. This past week I was all over the sale and clearance racks. Here are some of my great buys:

  • Blue dress from Francesca's in Maple Grove, on sale for $24
  • Green dress by Kenneth Cole Reaction, at Macy's for $80 w/coupon
  • Black MICHAEL by Michael Kors T-strap Sandal, DSW for $44
  • Calvin Klein satin clutch, Off Fifth for $59 (Gift card!) - It matches nicely with those Mui Mui sandals I got for Christmas!

 

 

 

 

 

The item of the day is this French Connection dress that I've had my eyes on for a couple of weeks now... the pattern is so cool and funky, while the material is thin and summery and the fit is so "in" right now! I'm trying to wait for it to go on sale!!