Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Birthday Winner!

I ended up finding the PERFECT dress for my birthday this past weekend! While it wasn't the one-shouldered number by Tibi I mentioned in the last blog entry, it was a beautiful strapless belted dress by Rebecca Taylor in a bright color called "cranberry".... and you know it was on sale!!! I found it at Macy's during the 80% off sale so the original price of $350 was marked down to $70! I paired it with my rhinestone-heeled Miu Miu sandals and it turned out, well.... I'll let you decide....

IMG_0203 - Copy

I thought I looked great! ;-) A few other pics from the evening... we had dinner with the family at The Detroit Fish Market. The FOOD was excellent and the owner, Frank Taylor, came by to make sure everyone was enjoying themselves. Our Maitre'D, Louis, was very accommodating and when our reservation wasn't in the system he did his best to make up for it. After dinner we went to party at the Signature Saturdays event held at Sweet Georgia Brown to celebrate with my girls (April and Jawana pictured below), "Bobby", and my brother, Bravo!

IMG_0152IMG_0199

IMG_0185 

I did a lot of shoe searching at first, thinking I wanted a new pair of heels to go with my dress for the party. Eventually I realized I didn't want to spend the money and everything I liked (and could afford) only came in peep-toe, which I don't like anyway, so I went with my old favorite Miu Miu sandals. But here are a few of the brightly colored "dream shoes" I found online... the last two (in silver) are my favorite!!

christian louboutin pimp platform pumpgucci sofia patent pumposcar de la renta applique pumps

bottega veneta orange loafermarc by marc jacobs yellow pump jimmy choo prize bar sandals

lanvin metallic green pumpschristian louboutin blue satin pumproberto cavalli platform sandals

miu miu suede pumps christian louboutin mirror pumpguiseppe zanotti fishbone sandal

Have a wonderful week!!!!