Monday, February 16, 2009

New Challenge: One Month - Spend No Money

April and I have decided to take on the challenge of one entire month of spending NO MONEY. Every failure (purchase) must be tracked. The challenge does not include rent/mortgage, bills, transportation... but pretty much everything else counts - yes groceries included! So this required planning. I had to plan out my meals and buy enough groceries to last a month - which cost me WAY more than I have ever spent at once in a grocery store!!!!

So now its DAY ONE and I'm on vacation for the holiday. I slept in (in a lame attempt to pass time) and now I'm trying to map out my afternoon with free events/exhibits in the city. So far I'm going to check out the Chicago Tourism Center, the Chicago Cultural Center and the Chicago History Museum (free on Mondays). I found this list and it has a few other ideas for me to pull from over the next month.

I'll be sure to take lots of pics and report back on how well April and I are doing with our "no spending plan". Wish me luck!!!

P.S. - If you're in the Chicago area and want to offer up a free meal at your restaurant or complimentary admission to your venue, in exchange for a blog post or Yelp review about how wonderful you are, just let me know! ;-)

IMG_0115

As for April - the competition is ON!!!!!! Winner takes all!!! (uhm, for the record - there is no prize other than bragging rights among two competitive females!)