Saturday, February 3, 2007

And Life Goes On...

So my day of glory, filled with countless cards, emails, calls, text messages, flowers and balloons, has ended. I felt soooo incredibly loved! It was fun while it lasted (disregarding the fact that I spent majority of it at my desk). I treated myself to a nice dinner at Olive Garden where the extremely fine, young Keanu Reeves look-a-like bartender hooked up a couple of Berry Sangrias and kept me company. I enjoyed the convo so much and I hated to leave him but I had to rush home to watch ER. I'm kinda sad now that Forrest Whitaker won't be in any more episodes since he killed himself. He definitely brought a brief rush of over-the-top, stalker-type excitement to the show.

I had a list of personal shopping to do for Granny and Sharifa so I headed back over to Macy's for their "Extra 40% off Sale and Clearance Sale". I didn't see anything good for Granny but I did great for my best friend! I normally just do a guess-timate of my savings, but this time I was so convinced I had racked up amazing savings that I pulled out the calculator immediately. Total retail tag prices came to $1454. Total spent - $312 (no tax here!) That means an overall savings of 79%. And I was actually a little disappointed because I was aiming for 85% but that one Tahari blouse was only marked down 45% and it messed up my curve - that ended up being the most expensive item at $53, but I couldn't pass it up - I knew she would love it! Here are some of the great finds that will be gracing her closet shortly...



Anybody wearing an XS want to buy the last dress off my hands? (Sale price was $49) She's scared of the belt so I'm not even going to waste my postage sending it to her... it's in my return pile now because I sure don't need yet another little black dress.

As my "shopper's fee" I threw in a cream Calvin Klein knit vest and a pair of Laundry by Shelli Segal skinny pants that I'm keeping for myself ($15 - marked down from $128). I can't wait to wear them!

On another note - I decided that I'm not leaving the house all weekend. We have a wind chill advisory in effect until MONDAY!!!! The Accuweather "Real Feel" temperature for today is -31! If I go anywhere this weekend it must involve parking in an indoor garage and taking the skyways so I can't feel the wind outdoors.

So... onto the fun part! My item of the day is the BEAUTIFUL Julie handbag by Bottega Veneta. At $1550 you still couldn't wear it tomorrow because its on pre-order for the spring. But this bag is absolutely gorgeous and would look even better on my arm...


P.S. - I get a few people who email me about the item of the day being so expensive. Its usually just a "dream list" item. Something I would (could) never actually buy, at least not at the regular price :)