Monday, February 26, 2007

Snowed in...

And yet, once again, I was snowed in all weekend. While it may not have started as an ideal weekend, it was VERY productive. I cleaned my place, I folded and washed every dirty dish and item of clothing, I read and listened to music, made another painting for my bedroom wall and browsed online for hair products.

My friend Summer mentioned making a few Carol's Daughter purchases this weekend and she got me to thinking about some of the products out there that I place on my "to try" list and I never buy. So this year, I'm going to try and branch out a bit. For years I have been stuck on John Frieda Frizz-Ease products for my curly look and I still absolutely LOVE them, but these "natural" hair mousse/gel/creme/pomades are really catching my eye and sparking an interest...

So after doing research on numerous hair websites, reading Amazon reviews and taking notes from lists I've compiled through random people in stores and on planes, I have decided to take the plunge and go for these two products made for 3B curlies like me - Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Cream and . I can't report back on them until the Spring, because I don't do curly hair very often in the winter. But as soon as the weather warms up (or I take a vacation) I will be sure to post the results!


If you want to find the products that work for your curls check out one of my favorite hair sites - NaturallyCurly.com!!

On the fashion front - gazing at the 7" of snow that accumulated over the past 48 hours made me LONG for warm weather, sun and sandals. I wandered around the Saks website today and found a collection of dresses that would make anyone wish for 70 degree temperatures! Enjoy!